Friday, January 13, 2017

Behind The Scenes

Book 2 Easy Mandala's

I've been very busy today working on book 2 and 3 of my Coloring Therapy series.  Book one is a coloring journal/notebook (which should becoming available on Amazon.com this weekend). Book two and three are purely coloring books. The picture is a sample of book 2, Easy Mandala's. I'll share book 3 on a future post.

I have rediscovered coloring books! I used to love to color when I was in grammar school. In fact, I have a vivid memory of having a friend over to play. We were in my room laying on the floor coloring. She looked over at my page and commented, asking me "why I wasn't outlining my picture?" "What's outlining?" She explained how her Dad colors with her and he taught her to outline. She said that he explained how it makes your colored page nicer, more "professional". I wasn't exactly sure what "professional" had to do with it but when I looked at her page it definitely looked better than mine.

I was intrigued. I had colored a pretty darn good page. I mean I stayed in the lines, I used pleasing colors. (Side note: I was aware I only had the 24 pack of Crayola's and I was very aware that she possessed the coveted 64 pack with the built in sharpener.  She was always quick to mention that if we were at her house she could be using Raw Umber, Brilliant Rose or Thistle.) But when I was honest with myself, really and truly honest I had to admit her's did look better.  A LOT better.  And so I began to outline my coloring pictures.

Since then, I have discovered many wonderful, fun coloring tools and supplies.  Water pens, watercolor pencils, beautiful tins of colored pencils, gel pens, gelly roll, Coptic, markers, smooth paper, textured paper, erasable pens, brush pens, you get the idea. My world opened up for me. I was also addicted. I LOVE art supplies. I could spend days in the art supply isles - ask my hubby he'll tell you lol. But I digress. 

I must admit when I color I think of Nancy H., EVERY SINGLE TIME, and her off hand question "why don't you outline?" It expanded my world. I realized that even though it was as simple as coloring I could learn something if I would only be open to listening. I mean I thought I knew how to color. Scheeze I'd been coloring for years since I was maybe 2 or 3 yrs old. But the fact was her's did look better than mine. Professional even.

I have discovered through my chronic illness, that when I color I cope better. I relax, my world slows down. I still may be in pain, still may be house bound today, but my perspective changes a little for the better.  When my Grandchildren come over we color. And yes, I taught them to outline.

Do you like to color? Do you find it relaxes you? Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Sign up to get my latest posts delivered to your inbox.


You can purchase my Coloring Therapy 1 Notebook/Journal here: http://amzn.to/2kcwnxF












We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees my advertising and linking to Amazom.com. The small percentage I may earn off your purchase costs you nothing extra.  


















We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees my advertising and linking to Amazom.com. The small percentage I may earn off your purchase costs you nothing extra.  

2 comments:

  1. I was just talking to someone today about how relaxing just sitting and coloring can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Susan. I think kids are onto something coloring. Too bad we adults grew up and forgot this. Glad adult coloring is making a come back. 😊

    ReplyDelete