Tuesday, January 17, 2017

I’ll probably pay for this tomorrow!

Easy Mandala Journal almost done =)
I had a very long but productive day in the office today.  Brain fog today was what I call “High Fog”. I’m not socked in, but it’s definitely foggy out.

Brain Fog is a symptom of Fibromyalgia.  It’s when you can’t think.  Everything is foggy. You know there’s a thought up there but it’s lost in the “fog”.  I will start a thought and loose it. I will start a project – one I’ve done many times and not know how to complete it. When I’m really “socked in” I can’t track with a conversation.  And the really frustrating part is the “fog weather” changes throughout the day. I may start out “clear skies” only to move into “high fog” and then wham fogged in.  The worst is when it blindsides me and I’m out in public and wham-O-bam-O. FOGGED IN. No
warning, just can’t figure out what the heck someone is saying to me. I mean I know they are speaking to me, I mean I can see their lips moving, and hear them. But, for the life of me it’s like on the old Charlie Brown TV programs,  remember when an adult is speaking and all you hear is wa wah, wa wah, wa wah – total gibberish? If I’m at a store I can’t figure out the money end of paying. The giving – how large of a bill do I hand them? Then the receiving of the change. Putting the change in my wallet, receiving the receipt, remembering to pick my bags of merchandise, say thank you to the teller, and exit the store. There’s too much to process at one time causing my brain to just freeze. I cannot negotiate stores by myself at all any more. I am usually able to handle making all the decisions of purchases but adding checking out to my already overloaded brain is guaranteed to be a HOT mess.  And then there’s the noise! That’s another post for another day.

I have found on days like today if I take a lot of breaks I can manage to get something done. So it’s been up and down from the computer – frustrating – yes, but I still am able to feel like I accomplished something at the end of the day.  I used to take that feeling – accomplishment - for granted in the old days.  Not any more. I’ve learned to appreciate getting something done and feeling good about it as a “gift” I used to just assume I was “entitled” to it. I had the attitude it’s just the way I roll.  I was a huge multi tasker and I was so proud of that fact. Look at me, I can hold a crying baby while talking on the phone, while cooking dinner, while throwing a load in the washing machine, while darning the hubs socks, you get the point. Pride, pride, goes before the fall. Humm. Well those day ground to a screeching halt. Fibromyalgia has taught me in a major way to adjust my thinking and perspective. That’s a good thing. We should all view our days as a gift.

But, yes there’s always a but, I will probably pay for the long day in the office this evening and for the next couple of days.  I’m already getting stiff – a sure sign I’ve done too much. Oh yes it’s a double whammy day.
One, I worked my brain too hard.
Two, I worked for too long. 
Both are a sure fire way to make me miserable tonight and probably for several days. But, yes that’s a third and final but. I find I tend to “go for it” when the brain weather is high fog.  I have so many bad days that I just want to make a dent in my ever growing to do list.  But, I’m happy to have accomplished as much as I have today.


Again, I got off topic. (Seems I do that a lot lately, lol) I started out writing about how much I got done in the office today. My second book in the series  “Coloring Therapy Vol. 2” -  Easy Mandala’s is well on its way.  Pages are all together and formatted. I just need a final proof. Now the really daunting job is to work on the cover and back page. This intimidates me big time. But it will have to wait for another High Fog day. 

If you like this post please subscribe. On the right bar Put your email under "follow by email". I won't spam, abuse, or share it. 

You can purchase my Coloring Therapy 1 Notebook/Journal here: http://amzn.to/2kcwnxF






We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees my advertising and linking to Amazom.com. The small percentage I may earn off your purchase costs you nothing extra.  

No comments:

Post a Comment